Revision of formal features of writing.
1. Read about the Mass Observation Project
- Read A Brief History of Mass Observation.
- How would you explain what the project does?
- When did it start?
2. Revise Formal Features
- Use the Checklist to revise formal features of writing.
- Which of these features can you find in the Brief History of Mass Observation?
- Highlight and annotate the text to show them.
3. Now for some writing
- Read Mass Observation Directive.
- Plan what you will include in your diary on the Planner.
- Now write a diary entry. Make sure to include some features of formal writing!
- Highlight the formal features that you have included in your writing.