1. Read the start of a story
- Read the 'Opening'.
- What do we learn about the characters?
- Can you think of three important things that we learn about the narrator, Mum and Eric?
2. Think about being an outsider
- Read When Did I Feel Like an Outsider?
- Are any of these situations familiar to you?
- Are there other times that you felt like an outsider?
- In your exercise book, write about a situation that made you feel like an outsider.
- Explain what happened and how you would describe your feelings.
3. Listen to the whole story of Eric.
- Listen to the whole of the story of Eric and look carefully at the illustrations.
- Use the PowerPoint Eric or watch Ruth Mertten reading the book
- Read 'Story Talk Questions'.
- Think about your answers and then write some of them in clear sentences in your exercise book.
Follow the link below and complete one activity that Miss Cole set for the whole school during the half term holiday.