LO Continued: Can I use colons, semi-colons and dashes?
1. Read Rules of Participation
- Read Terms of Participation. This is about the Flutag competition.
- Which do you think is the most important rule here? Explain why you think this.
- Highlight the punctuation used in this writing.
- What is the name of each piece of punctuation? Why is it needed?
2. Revise using colons and semi-colons in lists.
Use the PowerPoint to revise using colons and semi-colons in lists.
3. Practise using colons and semi colons in lists.
- Look at Crazy Competitions.
- Which of these would you most like to see?
- Which would you most like to take part in?
- Read Crazy Competition Rules.
- Choose one of these competitions and in your exercise book, write the rules as a list, introduced with a colon and with items separated by colons.