1. Analyse a video-message
- Watch Deanna Rodger’s message again. See the link below to take you to Wednesday's work.
- Which of these memories seem happy? Which seem unhappy?
- How would you describe the overall mood of this message?
- Highlight the transcript to show some features of this script.
- Remember to check your answers, ONLY WHEN YOU HAVE FINISHED!
2. Think about your own memories
- Sit quietly for a moment and listen to the sounds you can hear and the feelings that you notice. Think about your own memories from this time.
- In your exercise book, write and draw about five or six of your own memories.
3. Now for some writing
- Write a script about the things that you will remember.
- Try to include some of the features from Deanna’s script: repetition, specific detail, alliteration, expanded noun-phrases and rhyme or half-rhyme.
- Practise reading and performing your script.
Try this Fun-Time Extra
Interview people in your house about what they will remember. If you have photographs of these memories, what about making a memory collage!