LO: Can I remember how to use clauses and conjunctions?
1. Read a blog post
- Read about Lizzie Greenwood and Day 13 Diary.
- Highlight some of the features of informal writing that you can find in this blog post.
2. Revise verbs
Use the PowerPoint on clauses and conjunctions and listen to the teaching.
- Complete Antarctic Clauses and Conjunctions.
- Explain your answers to a grown-up. Explain what a main and a subordinate clause are.
You can check your answers at the end of the pack.
3. Now for some writing
- In your exercise book write sentences about a place that you would like to visit. Is it cold or hot? Wild or urban? Describe what you know about it and why you would like to travel there.
- Underline coordinating and subordinating conjunctions that you have used.