1. Read and listen to two poems
- Read The Language of Cat and Russian Doll.
- Read each poem twice – once in your head and once out loud.
- How are these poems similar? How are they different? Do you prefer one? Why?
- Listen to Rachel Rooney (the poet) read the poems. Did they sound as you expected? Did you notice anything new when you heard them?
3. Write a paragraph about one of the poems
- Plan a paragraph about some of the features that you found in either of the poems.
- Use the prompts to help you plan what you are going to write.