LO: Can I use colons, semi-colons and dashes?
1. Read the article: Flutag Explanation
- Read the article ‘Flutag Explanation’
- Now watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kmEUuai-tE
- Explain ‘Flutag’ to somebody else, so that they are clear about what it involves and know three facts about it.
- Highlight and name all the punctuation that you can find in ‘Flutag Explanation’.
2. Revise linking clauses using semi-colons, colons and dashes
- Use the PowerPoint to remind yourself about using colons, semi-colons and dashes to link clauses.
- Complete the Linking Clauses Sheet
3. Now for some writing
- Look at the design for a Giant Flying Techno Badger.
- In your exercise book, write some sentences to describe this design – include clauses, separated with semi-colons, colons and dashes.