LO: Can rewrite a blog using formal language in the passive voice?
1. Read a blog post
- Read the blog post: 10 Naughty things that dogs do
- Which of these things would you say is the naughtiest?
- Which would you say is the least naughty?
- Which do you think is the most amusingly described? Why?
2. Revise active and passive voice
- Use the Revision Card to remind yourself about how the active and passive voice are constructed and used.
- Complete Active to Passive/Informal to Formal activity. Write sentences in the passive voice and think of more formal synonyms for some informal vocabulary.
3. Now for some writing
- Re-write one of the paragraphs from the 10 Naughty Things blogpost much more formally. Change active to passive and use more formal vocabulary.
- Read the Writing Example given to see how this might sound.
Continue working through your SAT's CGP books.